cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneView Integrate Existing FlexView into Device View or Device Contect Menu

OneView Integrate Existing FlexView into Device View or Device Contect Menu

M_Nees
Contributor III
How can i bind an existing Default FlexView into the Device View or Device Context Menu?

As you can see here - a lot (really a lot) FlexViews are possible

3abcf8afa4ba4fc8ba903f162bdf6a86_RackMultipart20181110-7262-1xsctz3-FlexViewes_inline.png

How can i bind some of them into Device View or maybe better as Device Context Menue ?

I found this:

https://github.com/extremenetworks/Netsight-Report-Views/blob/master/DeviceView/README.md

But the FlexView are *.tpl files and above link mention that *.xml files have to be used.

Thanks for help.
2 REPLIES 2

M_Nees
Contributor III
That 's fine !
It works like you described ;-))

i want disable some colums by default - i guess i have to manipulate the used Flexviews.

But if i do a find for the name of the FlexView i found several places:

/usr/local/Enterasys_Networks/NetSight/appdata/System/FlexViews/VLAN/Troubleshooting/802_1Q VLAN Current Table.tpl

/usr/local/Enterasys_Networks/NetSight/appdata/VendorProfiles/Released/standard/FlexViews/VLAN/Troubleshooting/802_1Q VLAN Current Table.tpl

/usr/local/Enterasys_Networks/NetSight/appdata/VendorProfiles/System/FlexViews/VLAN/Troubleshooting/802_1Q VLAN Current Table.tpl

/usr/local/Enterasys_Networks/NetSight/appdata/VendorProfiles/Stage/standard/FlexViews/VLAN/Troubleshooting/802_1Q VLAN Current Table.tpl

/usr/local/Enterasys_Networks/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/deployments/Monitor.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/enterasys/netsight/api/Resources/Vendors/Released/standard/FlexViews/VLAN/Troubleshooting/802_1Q VLAN Current Table.tpl

Which is the correct one ?

All Views in DeviceView are ReadOnly altough the used FlexView is also ReadWrite possible.
Is there a way to open the above FlexView in context of the Switch as ReadWrite ?

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Hi Matthias.

take some simple device view (XML) from GitHub and open it with your favorite text editor.
Example: DeviceViewCiscoVlans.xml

reportId = unique identifier without spaces
title = not sure if unique but why not have it unique...
viewTabTitle = the visible tab name
viewOrder = if you have more tabs then the lower number is more left
family = what family you want this tab to show
viewId = name of the flexview

Once you are happy with your edits, follow the procedure of installing your own device view. procedure is at GitHub also.

When you have simple device view working, take some more advanced and I am sure you will understand it quickly. Example: DeviceViewCiscoResources.xml

Once you are happy with the result, feel free to share it with community.

Enjoy weekend!

Z.
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN