cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneView maps building links between non Extreme devices

OneView maps building links between non Extreme devices

DH1
New Contributor III
Is it possible to have OneView build links between non Extreme devices? I have a bunch of Transition Networks switches in my network and I would like to populate the links between them. OneView builds the link from the Extreme switch to the first Transition switch but won't build the links after that.

0ee13f6e6cd54a9ab72db0048db99160_RackMultipart20151209-15895-lz0t4s-Transition_inline.jpg

Thanks !

11 REPLIES 11

Matthew_Hum1
Extreme Employee
What do you use for loop protection if not STP? I'm worried about what else will be affected if you enable STP on those switches. If you think you can enable it on your network without disrupting anything, that would be the approach I would take to see if OneView can populate the links off the bridge tables. But you might want to do this in a maintenance window (like when everyone is home for the holidays  You may want to open a case so they can figure out other alternatives to populate those links, and see what we can pull on the Transition switches. Sorry, but a forum debug can only go so far.

DH1
New Contributor III
I don't have STP enabled on my network. I do appreciate all your help with this. If I can't get it figured out I will call and open a case.

Thanks!

Matthew_Hum1
Extreme Employee
As I said, you can try disabling LLDP and see if we will populate the links via the STP Bridge MIBs.... is spanning tree enabled on the Transition switches or in your environment?

This will work without LLDP, however I am not sure how to force it to make it use another method, or if they work simultaneously. try using MIBtools to pull the bridge MIBs or some flexviews and see if you can manually line up some MAC addresses. if you can, maybe it is time to get GTAC involved to figure out why OneView is not using the STP information.

DH1
New Contributor III
The Transitions switches really offer nothing in configuration of LLDP. I have two models of the Transitions and one only allows you to enable or disable LLDP and shows no neighbor information at all. These will not even make the link to the Extreme switch.

The other Transitions switch shows the neighbors and allows you to enable or disable LLDP but this one will create the link to the Extreme switch.

I think I might just be out of luck on this, I wish I could get the links populated though.
GTM-P2G8KFN