cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneView, using Scheduler for APs Down Summary possible?

OneView, using Scheduler for APs Down Summary possible?

Jtonic
New Contributor II
Hello All,

In OneView (Netsight Suite 6.3.0.162) there is a wonderful built in report for "APs Down Summary" under Reports>Wireless>APs Down Summary. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get Scheduler to automate the emailing of this built in report. I can figure out how to create a new schedule but this report is not present in any of the available options.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. If this is not possible, we are looking for any solution that will automate giving us a daily list VIA email of APs that are "Down" status.

Thanks,

Jon
16 REPLIES 16

Jtonic
New Contributor II
Thank you again Gentlemen. We now have a nice automated email summary listing down APs. Here are a couple of notes:

For users hosting Netsight on a Windows server the appropriate directory for the XML reports (in our case) was, "C:\Program Files\Enterasys Networks\NetSight\appdata\OneView\MyReports"

I had some problems with right click and save as (using Chrome). Some extra data/metadata was added in the XML that would prevent it from displaying correctly in OneView. The best solution was to copy the raw data and create the XML.

Again, thanks for all the efforts, great stuff!

Glad you figured those things out on your own!

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Rather than bombard Frank with requests for his files, we agreed to post it on our GitHub page:
https://github.com/extremenetworks/Netsight-Report-Views/tree/master/OneView/AP_Down_Summary

Thanks Frank!

Frank_Thomas
Extreme Employee
One of the cool things about communities is the inspiration. 🙂 I like this idea as I have been woken up because the phone wouldn't stop buzzing as 100 emails came in.
I came up with a couple of reports one was what was currently down(and not cleared) at time of generation. This was based off the stock report, but it can be sent as a pdf.

a165c9237b6b4b759a5df677fd199a2b_RackMultipart20160303-74784-14wyxn9-wirelessdownap_inline.png

The other is more of a homebrew. This shows all the alarms for "AP out of service" for the last 24 hours. Rather neat to see if a remote site loses external connectivity/goes down in the middle of the night and may have been resolved by the time you check your mail.

a165c9237b6b4b759a5df677fd199a2b_RackMultipart20160303-98357-16zdxss-wirelessdownap2_inline.png

If anyone wants it, just post here and I'll email you the xml files. They just need to be dropped in the /appdata/OneView/MyReports and also have the default Ap In/Out of service alarms enabled.
GTM-P2G8KFN