Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option 150 in DHCP for TFTP

Option 150 in DHCP for TFTP

Abdul_Raheem
New Contributor II
hi every one,
Marry Xmas and advance happy new year.
I am using Extreme summit X460 G2 core switch, can i configure option 150 in DHCP for assigning TFTP IP for PABX.? I have tried [configure vlan VOICE dhcp-option code 150 string "10.X.X.X"] the following command but the IP phones are not accepting the IP address from DHCP. Any other option is available?
9 REPLIES 9

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Thank you Dear Abdul for updating everyone on this thread and it is nice to know the issue is resolved now. Going forward let us wind off this thread discussion and wishing you a very very happy and prosperous new year 2017 in making and may bring all the happiness and joy in your future life.

Abdul_Raheem
New Contributor II
Dear Priya
thank you very much for your time.
I have tried the commands. when we use the code 150 and 176 I am not able to get the IPs to client phones. but I am able to receive the IP to my laptop when I connect to Voice Vlan port.
I just asked the client to get Cisco 3560 switch and they got it, and configured what the Cisco IP phone vendors recommended for the DHCP in that and made as the gateway for the voice vlan.

Now all the phones are registered to the there PABX and which are connected to our extreme switch.

Once again thank you all for your valuable support.

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Do let us know once you have time to check the above command sets if provides you the desired result.

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
I agree with Ronald here. The string here means the ipv4 address which you need to manually mention rather applying the string command. Because this would always throw error.

Please find below the two option codes for DHCP 150 and 176 with the proper command sets:

* pe1syd5_10_2_1_5.1 # configure vlan "mgmt" dhcp-options code 176 ipaddress ?
IPv4 address
* pe1syd5_10_2_1_5.1 # configure vlan "mgmt" dhcp-options code 150 ipaddress ?
IPv4 address

So please try them and check if this fetches ip from DHCP.

GTM-P2G8KFN