cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

PoE scheduling UPM Profiles

PoE scheduling UPM Profiles

Hunter_Blackwol
New Contributor
Our organization wants to conserve energy by running PoE during business hours only and has business hours of 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. I understand how to build a UPM profile and timer to turn PoE off and on after and before business hours but I'm a little thrown off on the weekend part. What would be the best way to disable PoE over the weekend while still having the UPM profile for regular business days?
3 REPLIES 3

Hunter_Blackwol
New Contributor
You know... I think that is exactly what I need! Pilot testing it now, thank you very much!

How did it work for you?

Prashanth_KG
Extreme Employee
Hi Hunter,

With the upm timers, let me know if the following could work for you:

Create three UPM profiles.

1. The profile and timer which is already working best for you during the weekdays.
2. The profile for the weekend and the corresponding timer for the weekend.
3. The profile for the Monday and the corresponding timer.

Profile for the weekend should contain the following commands:

- disable inline-power
- unconfigure upm timer

Timer for the weekend should start on a Saturday (07:00 AM for example) and run every 7 days (604800 seconds). This would make sure that the inline-power is disabled starting every saturday morning.

Profile for Monday should contain the following commands:

- enable inline-power
- configure upm timer

Timer for the Monday should start on a Monday (lets say 07:00 AM) and run every 7 days (604800 seconds). This would ensure that the inline-power is enabled every Monday morning and also configure the UPM timer for the weekdays.

Hope this helps!
Havent tested it! But should work! ļ™‚
GTM-P2G8KFN