cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Manager - policy domain / service definitions for VoIP phones

Policy Manager - policy domain / service definitions for VoIP phones

hsachse
New Contributor III
Looking for pre-defined service definition/rules to use to prioritize VoIP traffic and restrict phone communication to the only required services. Anyone have *.pmd files with examples for well-known vendors?

The VoIP solution vendor in my actual project is Avaya. Just red the manuals to know which protocols/ports used and what kind of DSCP values are default. Would be great if someone share his knowledge before a start creating my own service definitions from scratch.

Best Regards
Hartmut
3 REPLIES 3

hsachse
New Contributor III
So know I've a working policy for the Avaya phones, i will post the service definitions on the github repo as soon as i've time.

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Policy Manager has a canned definition for ShoreTel phones, but we do not have any for Avaya. I suspect that different Avaya models probably require different services and rules created in policy manager. Have you gone ahead and created your own service definitions for this already?

Thanks
-Ryan

Hello Ryan, the project was suspended for some time. Now I'll go ahead and create my own services definitions.

ShoreTel definitions are a starting point, but Avaya Phones require more classifications rules. The rule "Permit FTP Server" includes in the ShoreTel do not only allow FTP like its sounds. It permit all traffic to the included server ip. This would be a workaround for me to permit all traffic to the IP Office Server.

Avaya Phone should be allowed this type of services: DHCP, DNS, TFTP to IP Office Server, H.323/H245, H.323 RAS, RTP/RTCP (with priority like in the ShoreTel example) and SIP over TCP/UDP.
GTM-P2G8KFN