cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Port Mirror limitations

Port Mirror limitations

Uber_Londono
New Contributor
Hello, I need to know how many port mirroring can create in a Summit x440, I mean, I have a 48 ports, can create 46 Mirror and sen the traffic to one especific port?
9 REPLIES 9

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
As outlined above, XOS limits to 16 Mirrors (only 4 can be active), however, each of those mirrors can have up to 128 filters defined. And each filter can be made up of ports, virtual ports or VLANS. But the best practice is to mirror traffic on the port that aggregates and egresses the traffic of those 46 ports

cborba
New Contributor

It means that up to 128 switch ports can be monitored by one mirror port? So in the example above, It's possible all the 47 ports be monitored by  one? I have the same question because I'm implementing a Cybersecurity solution that need monitor all the port in the Switch.  

Tomasz_Lubas
New Contributor III
Keep in mind that if you mirroring both directions on all ports then there is a chance that you duplicate traffic šŸ™‚

Uber_Londono
New Contributor
Thanks Sean, only one question, in the documentation I see "For VLANs and virtual ports, only traffic ingressing these interfaces are mirroring", I need the Mirror for recording issues and I need record both ingress and egress, is that posible??
Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN