cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port sharing configuration Summit x460-48t (server switch)

port sharing configuration Summit x460-48t (server switch)

Kar_Del_Moral
New Contributor III
I have multiple Summit x460-48t for servers on our LAN, currently only 1gb uplink to the Cores ( BD 8810) I want to increase the uplink to 2GB using port sharing, using the 4 SFP ports, 2 for the Active core uplink and 2 for the standby, what will be the best algorithm configuration for this scenario (my first time configuring one, on theBD-8810 there's a port sharing between the active and passive core of 3 ports using address based L2, I was thinking of using same configuration. What do you suggest?

Thanks
Karina

3 REPLIES 3

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Karina,

I believe you have two core switches when you say active and standby, do they run VRRP ?

If yes then
here is an article where MLAG basic design and configuration is well explained.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-MLAG-in-Extreme-switches

in addition to the MLAG setup you can make VRRP active-active which can load balance as well.

please see if this helps...

Hi Karina,

Since you are building MLAG in ESRP environment make sure you add the MLAG and ISC ports as ESRP host-attach ports.

They are running ESRP, at the moment I will not be doing any major changes directly on the core, I want to increase the server switch uplink from 1gb to 2gb using the SFP ports, but, I will need to configure the share port on the core too... I will take a look to the link you send out.

Thank you very much for your response!
GTM-P2G8KFN