Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Problems with AP650 being adopted by RFS6000

Problems with AP650 being adopted by RFS6000

GUTAN_Flaviu
New Contributor
Hello,

For 2 years, we have APs failing to reconnect to our RFS after programmed electricity cut. They are shown as offline in Wing and phisically the Amber led is blinking every 2 sec. or so and the green led is off. I tried connecting them directly to the RFS but nothing changed. We bought 3 more APs on e-bay and we have the same issue. Tried to reset the AP using the Motorola_AP_Discovery_Tool but I see the AP connecting to the RFS and then disconnecting itself 3 or 4 seconds later. For now we have at least 5 unusable APs all with the same symptoms. Any help or advice would be appreciated as we still have to continue with this infrastructure for atl least 8 months. Thank you
35 REPLIES 35

Oscar_Larrota_R
New Contributor
Buenas dias

Tengo in problema que dos ap650 no lo detecta la controladora rfs4000, los leds del AP650 quedan fijos

Alguna persona en espaƱol

GUTAN_Flaviu
New Contributor
Hello richi,

Thank you for your answer. I have an example that appeared a couple of days ago when I rebooted a switch. One of the antennas that worked perfectly prior to this reboot, can no longer get adopted. Both leds (green and amber) are on and fixed

Issuing your commands gives me this result:

B4-C7-99-bla-bla-bla AP650 adopted 2017-06-19 10:03:24 N.A.
B4-C7-99-bla-bla-bla AP650 un-adopted 2017-08-14 16:33:41 Adoptee Not Reachable

For the second command I don't have the option log:

>show adoption ?
config-errors Display configuration errors for adopted access point
history Display adoption history status of this device and its
adopted access point
info Display information about adopted device(s)
offline Display unadopted status of this device and its adopted
access point
pending Display information related to devices not adopted
status Display adoption status of this device

rmu
New Contributor III
ok, show adoption log comes up in a higher version

both leds solid means "system booting"
unfortunatelly your ap stucks

software fallback feature is enabled by default, maybe it recovers after longer uptime with the other image

if it still does not come up, the ap stucks in the beginning of the boot process and is not recoverabe by us cause officially there is no console port

if it comes up, maybe it will have the wrong (older) firmware from the other image bank.

therefore i would recommend to disable automatic firmware update on the controller if the ap adopts.

when buying aps on ebay, you do not know the fw version running, so disabling autoupgrade will definitely a good idea

if all fails, the only way is to open a rma case.
the ap650 got limited lifetime waranty, so no contract should be needed.

without contract the only thing is, that the repairing process time is undefinded.
could be some weeks, but it works.

rmu
New Contributor III
hi,

what does the "show adoption " commands tells you?

show adoption history
show adoption log adopter

nr
richi

GTM-P2G8KFN