Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purge .rpt backup file

Purge .rpt backup file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have a Netsight installation, that currently when doing a backup the .rpt file is about 41Gb.

Retaining any historical reporting data isn't at this time required, so it would be safe to purge the data if possible - I'm not sure what all the data is, but there is possibly legacy data that not really isn't relevant anymore.

I guess one way of doing it is to do a backup and then restore, without the reporting data included, maybe thats the only way?

The reason I ask, and they do currently have the use of Analytics, is that I have followed this article:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000087211

But unfortunately it made no difference to the size of the file, have left it now for over a week.

I see that there are other options for data persistence, and this might be the other way to go but just wanted to ask the community what the best method might be?

The reason for reducing the size is that increasing the disk space isn't an option at this time, so I need to decrease the backup sizes to stop the disk keep getting full. I have limited the amount of backups stored, but it still need to reduce .rpt file.

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I add this to help show whats being used up in the database and where, go to

Administration -> Diagnostics

set the diagnostics level to 'diagnostic' and proceed to

server -> Database Disk Usage

As you can see below it shows exactly how much space is being used, and for what reason:

d5258311b0984da9a4cf35eb2d229506_RackMultipart20171001-44108-s1xrnt-DB_Usage_inline.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Mike. I ended up setting the data persistence to 1 day. Set the time for a few minutes later, then set the persistence back to 30, and now the rpt file has gone down to 2.4Gb - so you where right on the money with it being NAC.

Appreciate the info.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
You could lower your data persistence, assuming that may be what is consuming the file space. Try turning the data persistence days down to 30?
Administration->Options->Access Control->Date Persistence->Daily Persistence

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, and no. Its really only in monitoring mode, and then its only limited to wireless and possibly a few switches - so the current data isn't precious.

Thanks
GTM-P2G8KFN