cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purview 10 GB Interface activation

Purview 10 GB Interface activation

Keith_Obermeier
New Contributor II
I am bringing up a purview appliance with mirrored interfaces to monitor my 2 wireless controllers, and my wired network. I am using 2 of the built-in purview appliance interfaces for the mirror to the wireless controllers, and I have installed the PV-A-300-10G-UG I/O module for a 10G link to my S6 to monitor mirrored ports in my network.

I have re-run dnetconfig to try to activate the 10 G port, but it seems like at the most I can only get 2 monitoring interfaces to be active at a time. In the Purview deployment guide it mentions editing /etc/network/interfaces to add additional interfaces, but this file clearly indicates that it should not be edited (see below)

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to bring up the 10 G interface?

##################################################################### WARNING: This file is automatically generated on every enforce.
# Any modifications made to this file will be lost.
####################################################################
2 REPLIES 2

James_A
Valued Contributor
If you run dnetconfig and select option 4 (Manual Mode) you'll be able to edit /etc/network/interfaces without it being overwritten.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Keith, can you check the /etc/network/interfaces file on the Purview appliance before and after enforce?

Also can you check the /opt/appid/conf/adppidconfig.xml file before and after enforce?

Also looking at the usr/postinstall/dnetconfig.properties pre and post enforce so we are certain what is changing.
GTM-P2G8KFN