Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QoS Limit Bandwidth for group user

QoS Limit Bandwidth for group user

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I configured Dynamic VLAN in WS C-35. I have 1 Wireless Service, SSID: Buiding. In other hand, I have 2 group users : “Employee”(VLAN20) and “VIP”(VLAn30) in SSID “Buiding”. Two group users (Employee and VIP) are configured in Radius server. And I want to QoS limit bandwidth to each group. “Employee” is limited 2Mbps/user; “VIP” is limited 5Mbps/user.

Please give me a guide to implement.

Thanks

aee9380bd4c7412996a46b659e89c12c_RackMultipart20170827-56121-1kuouni-Capture_inline.png

5 REPLIES 5

Nathiya_Munuswa
Extreme Employee
Hi Long,

Rate limits are configured on a rule, role, or WLAN. Please check the KB article below,

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-rate-limiting-on-IdentiFi

Regards,
Nathiya M

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi Matthew Hum,
How to match 2 CoS (Employee and VIP) with 1 SSID "Building"?

If you include the SSID as a specific TLV attribute, then you can use that as a conditional in your access rule. But it shouldn't matter, as all the other RADIUS clients, if they do not understand the specially formatted Filter-ID that the EWC understands, then they should ignore it, and it won't affect anything else.

Specifically creating rules to only send the filter-ID back for that SSID becomes more complicated, unless you are using different policies for the same user on different SSIDs that are dynamically assigned, in which case you will need to more granularly write your access rules in NPS.

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi Matthew Hum,
I want to QoS limit bandwidth user. (users are configured by AD/Radius server (Window server 2008))
Thanks
GTM-P2G8KFN