cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Restart Services in absence of controller

Restart Services in absence of controller

Sachu
New Contributor II
AP continue showing the network in absence of controller but wireless stations are not getting IP address from DHCP server.

Can anyone suggest the best practice for same as we are doing POC for one of the hotel chain and they want to test, if the links goes down between DC and hotel the AP should function normal.

13 REPLIES 13

Kunal_Waghela
New Contributor
Hi,

Just to update on this, I was trying this for another client and could not get it working until I enabled sites too as suggested by Sachu.

The client is running version 08.31.02 and are not in a position to update the controller as yet. Is it possible someone from GTAC could test this and update?

The clients already connected are maintaining the session but no other new connections are allowed.

Thanks

They are authenticating using WPA-PSK using AES. The design falls into the top line, we are also b@ap. I will give this a try with open service to see if it makes any difference. Thanks

Are the clients trying to authenticate or is this an open service? If you look at the Knowledge Article above which part of the matrix does your non-working design fall into?

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Please reference: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Maintain-Wireless-Services-upon-an-...
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN