cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

restart wireless controller C5210

restart wireless controller C5210

Laura4
New Contributor II
How come when I restart the wireless controller C5210, all of the radio channels show "off", even though none of the APs are down? I want to be able to see what channels the APs are using, so I can change them in case interference.

048882d2eb024a9ab63ce7e3039ee16c_RackMultipart20150423-16913-10j2o0j-radio_channel_off_inline.png

11 REPLIES 11

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
On the active controller please open GUI > Reports > APs > active APs.
Is the AP listed that you are talking about ... if not try the same on the foreign controller and let us know the result.

Laura4
New Contributor II
I think this is the local controller. We have 2 controllers, the other one is the foreign controller; which we have not used yet.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hello,

If the access point is on the backup controller, you will not get stats from the access point until it's released back to the local controller.

Take a look at the following knowledge document....

http://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Access-Point-radio-is-not-showing-a-chann...
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
To answer your question...

We have it setup up for 50/50 right now.However, when we get to the point of adding more APs, we have the foreign controller for more room. In the future, if we have enough APs, using 2 controllers; will the second controller still be able to backup all the APs from the primary controller and still be able to manage all its own APs?

A controller has a max amount of access points it will support locally and in fail over (foreign)

Total APs supported per controller APs supported in standard mode
V2110 496 (248 local/248 foreign) 248 locally configured
C25 100 (50 local/50 foreign) 50 locally configured
C5210 2000 (1000 local/1000 foreign) 1000 locally configured

Licensing is done based on locally configured access points, you don't need licenses for redundancy, it's built in until you reach the max total a controller can support (Total APs supported per controller).

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN