Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridge Line NMS query

Ridge Line NMS query

Jayakumar_Subra
New Contributor II
I am from Thales india project manger ,
My question we have ridge line NMS and our interface contractor having HP switches guide me how to integrate in the same ridge line NMS
3 REPLIES 3

Jayakumar_Subra
New Contributor II
Dear Taykin ,

Thanks for your swift reply , We are already running on the ridge line NMS and also discussion is on going between extreme and Thales for the migration , meanwhile we had the urgent requirement for the other make switches HP or Cisco want to integrate , We will try using the Manual still if we require any further support will text you

Thanks
jai

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
Jayakumar,

I do agree with Jeff on this, though if it is entirely necessary to add third-party devices to Ridgeline, please refer to page 44 and 48 of the Reference Guide on Discovery and manual adding devices to Ridgeline.

http://www.extremenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/RidgelineReference.pdf

The best thing to do is to ensure the SNMP values match, with SNMP v1/v2 communities being the easiest method over v3.

Though the Ridgeline docuemntation is stil available, moving to EMC will provide greater support and coverage going forward.

Dudley__Jeff
Extreme Employee
Hi Jayakumar,

Thanks for mailing in.

There is more detail on our external web site but I grabbed this foot note for convenience.

Thanks and regards
Jeff

Ridgeline is not available for sale. No new feature development on Ridgeline (bug fixes only in
4.0.x). Customer
s are encouraged to migrate to EMC. End of support is December 31, 2016.

GTM-P2G8KFN