cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridgeline backup feature unable to backup switch configuration

Ridgeline backup feature unable to backup switch configuration

Neo_Dennis
New Contributor
Hi guys, apparently I m facing problem to use the Ridgeline backup feature to backup the production switch configuration in the network. Can anyone be able to advise me?
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Tooley__Akiko
Extreme Employee
If the production switch has been successfully added to the Ridgeline database and it has been confirmed that SNMP is working as expected then the issue may be due to authentication. In order for the Ridgeline application to backup a switch, it must first be able to telnet/ssh into the switch and then run a script to backup/restore the switch configuration. To test this, within Ridgeline please select the device, right click and telnet/ssh into the device directly from Ridgeline. Please verify whether the connection autenticated or not. If not, then the username/password can be modified in the Ridgeline communication settings. Please check the messages for the device and the backup in the nms_server.log located in \Extreme Networks\Ridgeline 4.0\logs.

Neo_Dennis
New Contributor
Nope. The problem still there even though I had make an approach to try out those possible resolution.

Prashanth_KG
Extreme Employee
Hi Dennis Neo,

Could you please check this article and see if that helps solve your problem?
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Ridgeline-Schedule-Configuration-Backup-...

Thanks
GTM-P2G8KFN