cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Roaming issues

Roaming issues

Laura
New Contributor III
C5210 controllers with 9.21.10.5 and 3605/3610 APs. Does anyone else in a school district setting have roaming issues and ways to improve it? We have principals that use iObservation tool on their Macbooks and roam to different classrooms. They say they can connect, get kicked off, can't get back on, get dropped...Is there such a thing as seamless roaming? I tell them to reboot machine and turn wifi on/off.
14 REPLIES 14

Nathiya_Munuswa
Extreme Employee
Hi Laura,

In case you find its an issue with clients connecting to far away AP while roaming the below settings helps to address the issue.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Issues-with-clients-staying-with-an-Acce...

Regards,
Nathiya M

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III

"More the minimum basic rate in Basic Radio Settings better and faster is the Roaming"

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Hi Laura,

If you are interested, I can have you remote into one of my sessions and explain what to look for in a live environment. Some of the numbers etc make more sense when you can equite it to an actual client that's connected.

Nathiya_Munuswa
Extreme Employee
Hi Laura,

Can we check whether the clients connects to the nearer AP's or the far away AP's while roaming. If they are connecting to the far away AP's they will have intermittent connection.

You can check in Reports -> Clients -> VNS -> Select the SSID and filter it with MAC address to check the AP on which the client connected.

Regards,
Nathiya M
GTM-P2G8KFN