cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for Extreme MIBs (not base-mib)

Searching for Extreme MIBs (not base-mib)

Frank
Contributor
Hello,
Is there a location on your website where I could get various Extreme MIBs (like EXTREME-NP-MIB, EXTREME-ESRP-MIB, EXTREME-VLAN-MIB, EXTREME-QOS-MIB, EXTREME-EAPS-MIB, EXTREME-EDP-MIB, EXTREME-VLAN-MIB, EXTREME-LACP-MIB) and others that the manual refers to?
All I see is the BASE-mib, aka "_MIB.txt" when I go to the download section where I can get to the XOS images. When I include that in my snmp configs, I get a lot of "can't find" warnings/errors

Of course I can google the missing ones and grab a copy from the various OID repositories on the web, but I'd rather get them straight from you 😉

Thanks,

Frank
10 REPLIES 10

Eugene_Paniot
New Contributor
To somebody help. netdisco rpm package (use epel repo) include all MIBs.

Add line to /etc/snmp/snmp.conf:
mibdirs +/usr/share/netdisco/mibs/extreme/

Ken_Thomas
Contributor II
Related to this topic, here is a link to the MIBs webpage which contains links and explains how to get the EXOS and EOS MIBs.

Frank
Contributor
Ah, got it! Net-SNMP seems a little iffy with mib files that contain multiple definitions, it seems.
"smistrip _MIB.txt" in your mibs-directory, and an entry of "mibs +EXTREME-BASE-MIB" in /etc/snmp/snmp.conf did wonders.

"smistrip", which is part of the "libsmi" package in CentOS, creates individual mib-files, one per "DEFINITIONS", from text files.

Now I just have to remember what I did before I descended into this rabbit hole... 😉

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Frank,

These MIBs should be included in the"_MIB.txt" file that you see with the software downloads. If you open it in a text editor, you should be able to search for the specific MIB that you are looking for to confirm it is in the file.

If there is a specific OID that seems to be causing these issues, or if one of these MIBs is missing from the file, let me know and I can take a look.

-Brandon
GTM-P2G8KFN