cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Report

Serial Number Report

Kenneth_Wright
New Contributor
Is there a way to print the serial numbers for all the switching, routing and wireless equipment in the network using any of the applications in NetSight or any other method? It would be great if it could be in one report or export, but I will take it any way I can?
8 REPLIES 8

Doug
Extreme Employee
NetSight OneView should be able to get all the info you are looking for....You can use the Devices Tab or for something like the Access Points you can view the following:

eb49fda4d59640ea9b2ee34ef47d2833_15983-t5zx9d_inline.jpg

You can also use the .pdf reports to export the Inventory Report and or the Wireless Configuration report.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
There are a lot of different options to get the wireless AP data...

- Netsight OneView > Reports > Wireless > APs Summary .... there is a small X-icon in the upper right corner which exports the data on the screen into a csv

- Netsight Console > Tools > Flexview > add Flexview tab
- in this tab in the upper left corner click on the icon and choose open
- switch in the directory "wireless" and choose "wireless access points"
- now in the device tree on the left select the controller
- in the flexview tab in the upper right corner click on th green arrow icon to retrieve the data
Once again use the TableTools for export.

- WLAN Controller GUI > Reports > APs > AP Inventory > in the lower left you'd find the export button

I've never tried to get the SN# of a stack so I can't give you any advice.... only found this here...
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/netsight_inventory_manager_display_serial_numbe...

-Ron

For number 1, serial numbers are hidden by default you have to select it in OneView. Click the drop arrow next to any category heading, Select "Columns" and check off "Serial Number"

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Thanks again for the information. I have tried all 3 suggestions and have found that 2 and 3 work great. Suggestion 1 does not list the serial numbers.

Also, I could not get the solution in the link you suggested to work. In he second step:
In the Device Tree drill down to My Network -> Grouped By -> Device Type -> SecureStack
The SecureStack option is not displayed.

Fortunately, I was able to go to use your directions for creating a new Flextab except I opened the Device Inventory.tpl, selected All devices from the directory tree and continued with the Green Arrow icon. This displays a listing of all the devices, including the ones in the stacks. It also lists other information but that can be filtered as needed.
GTM-P2G8KFN