Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up vlan trunk

Setting up vlan trunk

Ryan
New Contributor II
Hello all,

I want to start by stating that I am new to Extreme and managed switches for that matter. I am having trouble getting a vlan to work with my setup and I know its lack of knowledge that is getting me stuck on this issue.

Scenario: I have a Ubiqtuiti USG and 2 Ubiquiti AP's. I have 2 SSID's running on them. One is the main network and the other is guest. I have the main network not vlan tagged and its working as it should. The problem is that I can't get the guest network running as it should on vlan 10 and with it in an unmanaged switch it is fine, but when I add it to the managed extreme 450e-48p it wont even hand the IP out. My main network is on 10.0.0.0/8 and my guest network is on 172.168.15.1/16.

What I have done:
create vlan guest
config vlan guest tag 10
config vlan guest add port 17 tagged (ports the AP is plugged into)
config vlan guest add port 18 tagged <^

Thank you in advance and if I am missing anything that needs to be here to figure this out, let me know and I will post it.

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi Ryan,

Since your DHCP server is not on the same VLAN with Guest, you should put DHCP relay on Guest VLAN and make same adjustment on your DHCP server to support DHCP relay.

Best regards,

Ryan
New Contributor II
That sounds like a great idea! I intend to have my DHCP server handle all IP addressing, but for now I just needed to get it working. Thanks!

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Also, are you tagging the SSID in the Unifi controller for your guest network with V10?

Ryan
New Contributor II
Sure did. Thanks again have a good one!
GTM-P2G8KFN