Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFP in SFP+ port BD8800

SFP in SFP+ port BD8800

Nicolas_Dreher
New Contributor
Hi all !
I've been looking in the GTACK but can't find my answer precisely :
Is it possible to use 1Gb SFP transceivers in 10Gb SFP+ ports of a 8900-10G24X-c card (ref 41632B) on a 8810 chassis ? (latest EXOS 15.5.4.2)

I've seen it's ok for S-series and not for K-series, so I wonder what the answer will be for my BD8800/8900...

Thanks for answers !
6 REPLIES 6

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
For anyone who comes across this thread in the future, you can find information on supported optics in EXOS switches at the GTAC Knowledge article below:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Which-optics-are-supported-in-Summit-switches

Mike_D
Extreme Employee

Hello Nicolas,

To clarify a point from your initial question:
K-series hardware will indeed support SFPs in any SFP+ port.
There are a few caveats about 'approved vendor' but I'll go out on a limb and say most SFPs should work. Why the conditional 'approved' support? If we've vetted the optics in our labs there's additional confidence in (and support for) interoperability.

Best,
Mike

Nicolas_Dreher
New Contributor
Ok, I must have been blind looking at the datasheet...being to close to my screen 😄

Sorry for the dull question and thanks a lot for the very fast answers !

Glad to see Alexandr squared this away Nicolas and welcome to the Hub!

I'd also mention we can offer a proper Unified Search...that would help a lot on these matters. We're working very hard on that.

In the future, we want to make finding information like this as effortless as possible and keep you back away from the screen. Not good for the back!
GTM-P2G8KFN