cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show size of MTU EXOS

Show size of MTU EXOS

Curtis_Parish1
New Contributor III
I can find all the commands for configuring jumbo frames and MTU in EXOS but I can't find the commands to show existing (currently default) MTU. I can only search the config and see jumbo enabled on a port. (show config detail does not work either)

Where do I find this information on the switch?
5 REPLIES 5

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Hope this clarifies your query posted here. If so then let us close this thread communication in case if there is no more concern left for this question.

Curtis_Parish1
New Contributor III
Thanks everyone .

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Important to remember, jumbo-frame needs to be enabled for switching jumbo packets.
ip-mtu needs to be increased to route jumbo packets.

If only ip-mtu is increased without the ports being jumbo-frame enabled you will get an error indicating jumbo-frames needs to be enabled on the ports. Hence please make sure to enable those before applying this settings.

As Drew said earlier there is another location to check the configured MTU hence please look at the below articles for more info:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-check-IP-MTU-value-configured-on-a-...

This would specify you the IP-MTU value configured on a vlan

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I see Bill beat me to it, but since I had this typed, I'll post anyway 🙂

The default MTU is 1500. The
configure jumbo-frame-size
command is used to change it, once enabled.
The value can be seen in show port info detail output.

That "Jumbo" line will look like this when enabled (or if otherwise configured):
Jumbo: Enabled, MTU= 9216There's likely another location to see this configuration, but it's not coming to me right now and I couldn't find it right away.
GTM-P2G8KFN