Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

SNMP Error 4100 on D2 switches

SNMP Error 4100 on D2 switches

Alice_Grandi
New Contributor II
Hi all,
I have a strange problem regarding the management of some D2 switches using NetSight (Version: 6.1.0.159).

I recently installed two D2 switches in my network where I also have C3, B5, B3 and other D2 switches; I have always deployed the same SNMPv3 configuration on all those switches and it always worked fine to manage them through all NetSight Applications.

These last two D2 switches I have installed have the same working SNMP configuration and the same firmware version (06.03.13.0001) of the already installed D2 switches.

Despite this I am unable to archive these two new D2 switches with Inventory Manager and I also can't manage them through Policy Manager.

The errors reported by NetSight Console related to this problem are the following:

Inventory:

Severity: Error
Category: Inventory Server
Source:
Client: Inventory Server
User: Administrator
Type: Event
Event: Archive Save
Information: Archive Save Backup Enetrasys: () Version Stamp: 9-mar-2015 22.30.00 - SNMP Error = 4100

Policy:

Category: SNMP
Timestamp: 03/02/2015 11:18:39 AM
Source:
Client: User-PC
User: SERVERNAC\Administrator
Event: SNMP
Information: Unable to read Web Authentication IP data for

Category: SNMP
Timestamp: 03/02/2015 11:18:39 AM
Source:
Client: User-PC
User: SERVERNAC\Administrator
Event: SNMP
Information: Get Authentication Data: No Authentication SNMPhandler defined for

I tried to search the SNMP error 4100 on Google but couldn't find any information.

Have you ever experienced this, or have you any clue about what could be wrong?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

3 REPLIES 3

Distri
New Contributor
Hi Alice,
I have a similar problem (SNMP error=4100, unable to archive the configuration via Inventory Manager) on my two C5K125-24 (fw 06.51.02.0018) - uptime 256 days, NetSight 4.2.0.82.
The issue occured two weeks ago.
Erlier everything worked just fine (auto archive).
I noticed that the Inventory Manager can't receive the serial number of the switch unit.
I solved this issue by cutting off the power(unplug the powercord).
I know it's a lame solution but temporary work.
I will think about my old NetSight update if the issue occurs next time.

Alice_Grandi
New Contributor II
I never managed to solve this problem directly, but after upgrading NetSight to 6.2.0.211 the problem disappeared. Luck maybe?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Sorry you didn't get any responses here... Thanks for coming back to update the thread!
GTM-P2G8KFN