cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP IFUtilization Warning Notifications

SNMP IFUtilization Warning Notifications

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
Hey everyone! It's my turn for a question. I am monitoring Cisco switches via SNMPv3 and have all the alerting setup. Now the alerting is working perfectly and happens with issue. The problem I am having is that it does not tell me which interface is being sturated. Just that the ":ifUtilization, value: 84.235083, compared to: 80.0"

Is there a way for Netsight or the Cisco gear to report what interface this is happening to?

Thanks in advance!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
Thank you for the feed back. Do we know how to make it so?

Thank you, ill definitely try that

I would take a trace of the trap/inform/syslog that is coming from the switch. A tcpdump from the Netsight server would suffice.

Use this article for guidance, but change the ports according to what is coming across the wire. typically it's port 162 for traps/alarms.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/NAC-Troubleshooting-Tips-common-tcpdump-co...

Note to decode with Wireshark, you will need to add in the SNMP credentials manually.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
This would depend on the raw data coming from the Cisco switch, be it via SNMP or syslog, if it includes that information or not.
GTM-P2G8KFN