Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

SNMP Vlan Total Traffic

SNMP Vlan Total Traffic

welisson
New Contributor III
Hello guys,

I have two problems.

1st - I need to create a graph based on datas collected by snmp of full traffic about a specific vlan, then, i've enable the command "configure ports all monitor vlan XXX" at extreme x440 to i can pull the informations using snmpwalk to try and get see the counters be increasing.
However, when i put the command "sh vlan statistics", i can't able to see traffic in TX, i see just RX be increasing.

2nd - Is there any OID specific to get full traffic of a vlan, instead vlan by port?

Tks
Welisson
3 REPLIES 3

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Unfortunately, there's no MIB variable for total traffic in a VLAN. Only per port counts.

All MIB info is in the documentation also... http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos/downloads/EXOS_User_Guide_15_6.pdf, Chapter 50 EXOS Configuration
Management Enhancements.

In page 1683 you'll find all variables for the private EXTREME-VLAN-MIB.

welisson
New Contributor III
Daniel,

i'm so frustrated after heard it, because i'd already tried get this information with Extreme, and they never told me it. šŸ˜ž
Tks for your reply, and if you can answer other question will help me so much.

Do you know if there is any MIB to accounting traffic total each vlan?

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Welisson,

Summit X440 only supports receive statistics.

In EXOS Command Reference, the entry for
configure ports monitor vlanindicates that TX statistics are only available for BD X8, BD 8900 and Summit X460/X480/X670, while RX statistics are available for BD X8, BD 8K and all Summit switches..

GTM-P2G8KFN