cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMPv3 - Wrong digest

SNMPv3 - Wrong digest

Marlon
New Contributor III
Hello, we have Summit x460 ( 16.1.3.6 patch1-11) and Netsight 6.3.0.162, we successfully added the x460 to netsight but log shows in switch regarding SNMP ( Login failed through SNMPv3 - wrong digest). we used SNMPv3 default credentials, snmpuser MD5 - "snmpauthcred" DES - "snmpprivcred" thanks! regards, Marlon
4 REPLIES 4

theroghert
New Contributor

I have solved it, put > > “” < < between the Key authentication sha>>>  and privacy aes 128 >»

Example: 

configure snmpv3 add user myuser authentication sha "passSHA" privacy aes 128 "paassAES" 

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello Marlon,

This may indicate that the exos is not configured with the correct priv credentials or privacy level. Check out this article on how to configure SNMPv3:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-set-up-SNMPv3-on-EXOS/

Thanks
-Ryan

Jefferson_Lemos
New Contributor
Hi Marlom, I hope to be able to help you, follow the way I was able to connect.

87edbefb4d224a6a84b57ae0564ea74f_RackMultipart20161216-114438-n6uj67-4-NMS_Add_Switch_inline.png

Here are the commands for the Switch:
1-create account admin access access
2-configure snmpv3 add user access authentication md5 snmpauthcred privacy snmpprivcred
3-configure snmpv3 add group access user access sec-model usm
4-configure snmpv3 add access access sec-model usm sec-level priv read-view defaultAdminView write-view defaultAdminView notify-view defaultAdminView

Ariyakudi_Srini
Extreme Employee
Hi Marlon,

Are you using IPv6 SNMP server to query the switch?
Also please check if you are using the correct credentials as there are chances of this log getting recorded incase of a wrong credential being used.
GTM-P2G8KFN