Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Media guest registration

Social Media guest registration

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Community

I am busy testing the new Google and Microsoft Social media Guest registration on NAC.

I have created my Apps as stated in the Help file.
When I test the registration and click on any of the socail media options I recieve a certificate error.

In Chrome and Firefox I see "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
In IE I see the following: "The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority"
"The security certificate preseneted by this website was issued for a different website's address"

On a Iphone I see the following error:

Error opening page
Hotspot login cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server"

So for from the above it clearly is a certificate problem.

What to do?????
4 REPLIES 4

Ostrovsky__Yury
Extreme Employee
As I remember , facebook really simplified the OAUTH now , all you need to add is just facebook.com (use to be way more complex). For MS try this (did not test it personally) login.live.com , auth.gfx.ms

Could you develop a tool to limit the possibility of registering on Facebook? This social media is long overdue to die, lol. My social networks are too tied to my Google account and computer memory, which worries me. I've repeatedly heard calls for the creation of a social media regulator, but I doubt that it'll solve the problem. I don't believe in the security and privacy of the Meta platforms. If my daughter can easily get attention on her account with 1394TA, what kind of privacy is there?

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Yury

Thx for the feedback, I have added the two entries for google and indeed does fox the issue!!!
Thx
Now for Microsoft and Facebook

Ostrovsky__Yury
Extreme Employee
Hi Andre , on the Unregistered Role of the wireless controller you have to create a L7 "host" record which will allow google/microsoft sites. make sure you creating "host" , not a "signature" rules.
To allow google , create two records : accounts.google.com and gstatic.com. Cannot advise you for the microsoft rules , don't have it handy now .
GTM-P2G8KFN