Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some clients disconnect after upgrade to new firmware on AP's

Some clients disconnect after upgrade to new firmware on AP's

Verus
New Contributor II
Hi,
We have two C25 controllers and I upgraded both from firmware 10.01.02.0038-1 to firmware 10.01.05.0008-1.
The upgrade went just fine, no problems with that.
After a while, the AP's also started to upgrade their firmware and then the problems started.
Some laptops lost the connection with the network.
After a reboot or reconnect in windows (drop connection and reconnect), the connection is back for a few seconds (3 - 30 seconds) and then it drops again.
I updated the drivers and firmware for the nic's on the laptops but it stays the same.
Problem seems to be with intel nic's but there are some laptops which are identical who don't have the problem so it's not clear what the problem is, but it started after upgrading the wifi controllers and AP's and this is URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since the problems started when the firmware was upgraded on the AP's, I think that is where the problem is.

So I started a case yesterday, until today no feedback at all...
Performed a firmware downgrade and problems are gone.
Thanks for the buggy update! our boss is very happy !!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Jason1
Extreme Employee
I just wanted to update this thread that the fix for the issue Verus reported (and others) has been included in the 10.01.06 release.

Sai Prasad, I would recommended upgrading to this firmware when you are able to schedule that.

Thanks,
Jason

Verus
New Contributor II
Probe suppression is disabled by default.
What does probe suppression do exactly ?
LDPC is also disabled by default.

I performed a downgrade and everything is working fine again.
I would like to be able to download the AP firmware too but I can only download the controller firmware, don't know why.
If I could download the AP firmware, it would be easier to pinpoint the problem.
thanks.

Hi All

Read complete post

Is it okay to have 10.x.x.x firmware. Currently we are running on 9.21.8.x

We are also having dis connectivity issues on 9.21.8.x, what would be the recommended and stable version where dis connectivity issues are resolved.

We are having two C5210 controllers with 800+ 3805i access points.

Verus
New Contributor II
Thanks for the info, I will try it.
GTM-P2G8KFN