cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

SSA t1068-0652 vlan egress problem

SSA t1068-0652 vlan egress problem

Shkelqim_Kajtaz
New Contributor
i have create vlan 7 i have create a vlan interface, when im trying to access my vlan in port i got no connection just when i set the port to vlan 1 then can i ping the vlan 1 interface.
set vlan egress 7 ge.1.2 untagged
6 REPLIES 6

Rakesh_Nair
New Contributor
"set vlan port" tells the switch that frames ingressing a specified port must be tagged with a specific vlan id within the switch, and "set vlan egress" tells that switch the set of egress ports for a particular vlan and whether the frames must be tagged or untagged on egress. (modify-egress lets you do both associations with an single command)

Patrick_Koppen
Contributor
For trunk/uplink ports use:
set vlan egress 1,7 ge.1.48 tagged
For access ports use:
set vlan port vlan ge.1.2 7 modify-egressThis ist a shortcut for:
set vlan port vlan ge.1.2 7 no-modify-egress (sets the PVID only)set vlan egress 7 ge.1.2 untaggedLook at the Q-BRIDGE-MIB for details:
http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/MIBs/IEEE8021-Q-BRIDGE-MIB-200810150000Z.txt

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
To expand a bit on Ronald's answer, the command set vlan egress 7 ge.1.2 untagged added VLAN 7 untagged to the egress list, without changing the VLAN 1 settings. You can check this with the show port egress command.

To configure an access port, you usually want to have both the port VLAN ID (PVID), used for untagged frames entering the port, set to the access VLAN, and the VLAN egress list for the port set to include just the access VLAN (untagged). You can verify the PVID using the show port vlan command.

The show vlan portinfo command is a good way to see the VLAN configuration on EOS.

Daniel_Coughlin
Extreme Employee
I agree that the port pvid needs to be set. In the EOS world we think in terms of ingress and egress for vlans. It gives a bit more flexibility.
GTM-P2G8KFN