cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack x460-g2-48p-10ge4 with vim-2q and x450-g2-48p-10ge4

Stack x460-g2-48p-10ge4 with vim-2q and x450-g2-48p-10ge4

Jeff
New Contributor
I have a x460-g2-48p-10ge4 with a vim-2q and a x450-g2-48p-10ge4 with the v84 SummitStack ports in the back. Both switches are running 16.1.1.4.

I am pretty confident I can stack the switches using alternate 10g stack ports 51 & 52 using a sfp+ twinax cable. Is it possible to stack the switches using s2 on the vim-2q of the x460-g2 and s1/2 on the v84 of the x460-g2 using a qsfp+ twinax cable? I am also planning on using s1 on the vim-2q as a 40g uplink to my network.

The table found here is not updated for the x460-g2 yet.

The 16.1 User Guide found here seems to indicate that stacking between the V84 and vim-2q is possible although it is not very clear and refers to the previously mentioned Hardware Guide that does not mention the x450-g2 that I can find:

• Summit X450G2 switches support multiple types of QSFP+ stacking cables for connection between VIM-2q ports and QSFP+ ports on other Summit switches. For information on which cables to use with each type of Summit family switch, see the Summit Family Switches Hardware Installation Guide.
Both switches show s1/2 available as native stacking ports. I do not receive a link light when I connect the switches together using port s1/2 and a qsfp+ twinax cable.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jeff
7 REPLIES 7

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi All,

Just to close the loop on this, I've confirmed that the statement mentioned above about the X450-G2 connecting to other Summit switches is incorrect. The QSFP+ ports on the X450-G2 can only be used to stack with other X450-G2s, not with other Summits.

I'll get in touch with our Info Dev folks to get this corrected.

-Brandon

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Jeff,

It looks like that statement in the User Guide may be incorrect, as currently the only Summit switch that supports V84 stacking is the X450-G2. I'm looking into this right now, and I'll update this thread with what I find.

-Brandon

Jeff
New Contributor
I misspoke in my original post. The Summit Hardware Guide has not been updated for the x450-g2.

I checked with Info Dev, the final draft document is going into final review later today, and should be posted in a few days .
GTM-P2G8KFN