cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking x440 48p 10g switch to x440 24p 10g switch using SFP+ ports

Stacking x440 48p 10g switch to x440 24p 10g switch using SFP+ ports

Beth_Dierks
New Contributor
I currently have the X440 48p 10g switch in production, however since it is full I need to stack the x440 24p 10g switch with it. I have ordered the stacking cable to connect the 2 switches together via the SFP+ ports. My question is, when configuring these to stack together, am I going to wipe out the current 48 port switch configuration if I use the command easy stacking? I am looking for what is the best way to set this up and not disrupt what is already in production. Any thoughts?
8 REPLIES 8

TS_MTL
New Contributor
What cable did you use? I need to pick up a cable now to connect a X460-G2 VIM-2x to a X440 using the SFP+ ports. But I"m not sure which cable I need.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
You can use Direct Attach cables or a pair of SFP+ and fiber to make these connections.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to mention that we've got a python-based stacking config converter available on our GitHub page.
https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/tree/master/EXOS/Python/non_stacking_config_conv...

-Drew

Beth_Dierks
New Contributor
Our current config on the switch has 7 different Vlans configured on it. Can I connect the 24p switch to the 48 port switch via SFP+ without having to stack them?

GTM-P2G8KFN