cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Static Channel Selection on AP's

Static Channel Selection on AP's

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
We have a C5210 with 3805 and 3825 AP's. The latest firmware is loaded on both the controller and AP's. We have configured the AP's with static channels. The "DCS" is disabled on the advance options. Some of the AP's refuses to change to the selected Channel. If we look at the Radio properties I can see the request channel is X but the current channels is Y. As mentioned I only see this on some of the AP's. Why?? Even if we have interference on a specific channel surely the AP should still move to this channel once you set it static. The channel plan for Radio 2 is also configured for a 3 Channel plan, but the AP's that does not except the static channel would seem to move to a 4 Channel plan, using channel 1,5,9 and 13. Any idea here??
8 REPLIES 8

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Thx!!!!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
from the user guide...

11e17192a43d42e1aa84430404fd5b30_RackMultipart20151125-32689-3l11mt-channel_plan_inline.png

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
I am trying to utilize channel 1,6 and 11. I will try and apply a custom channel plan and then select these channels. I will provide feedback tomorrow once I have been to site. Thx

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Just to make sure.. you are aware the 3-channel plan for ROW is 1,7,13.
Could you tell me which channel you try to set the AP to?
GTM-P2G8KFN