Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange LED blinking after upgrade

Strange LED blinking after upgrade

eyeV
New Contributor III
Hi everybody!
I know, it sounds strange, but... I've recently upgrade my two MLAG-peers (X670V-48x) to 15.5.4.2 patch 1-5. So everething is good, switches work correct. Everybody is happy!

It was quite a shock when I saw swithes yesterday. All LEDs on both switches was synchronous blinking and they continue to do it until now. It looks like broadcast storm. Very strange because the network operate well.

Can anybody ssluggest me something?
8 REPLIES 8

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I've had a chat with one of the Summit developers. Here's what I learned:
The X670’s LED activity is updated by software, and not directly by the Broadcom chip like in other EXOS platforms. This software process runs at a period of one second. In each period, it checks if RX and TX counters have changed on each port. Since the counter thread runs at a “slow” period, the LED processor is very likely to see link activity on every port (if any) at every scan. So, it blinks the LEDs at the same time. In summary, this is a hardware limitation on X670 that we are unfortunately unable to do anything about.
There were some changes to the timing and duration of the LED blinking, but it is still the same idea as before. Previously, the scan ran a little faster but still blinked all LEDs at the same time on ports with activity.

eyeV
New Contributor III
Thanks a lot Drew!

Hmm... I think I haven't noticed this blinking previously )

eyeV
New Contributor III
So, I've done a lot of test. If no traffic in port it doesn't blink, if the traffic is in port it blinks in sync with the others.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Thanks for looking at this. I think it would be a good idea to open a ticket with GTAC so that we can route this to engineering for further investigation.
GTM-P2G8KFN