Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit ACL based QoS remarking issue

Summit ACL based QoS remarking issue

Leo_Gu
New Contributor
Dear Experts,

I found if I define the remarking command first and then define a new ACL, then the new defined ACL will follow that remarking action and use the newly defined remarking value for outgoing traffic;
Yet, once I changed the remarking command, the previous defined ACL will not follow the new remarking value but still use the previous one.

The point is of the sequence of inputting commands.

Working one:
1- Define remarking command first prior to defining any ACL. Like:
configure diffserv replacement priority 6 code-point 40
2- Define ACL afterwards

Not working case:
No matter we define remarking command first or ACL first, as long as I want to change the remarking command to use a new value, only the upcoming ACL will follow the new value, those previously defined ACL will not even traffic is hitting the ACL.

The question is if above "Not working case" is normal as expected?
or it is a bug?

10 REPLIES 10

Ram3
Extreme Employee
Hello Leo,

We have found when updating the DSCP value, it is not getting updated in hardware. Hence, packets are forwarded with old DSCP value.

This is a software bug and we have created CR# xos0063082 for tracking this issue.

CR Abstract:-Updating DSCP value is not getting refreshed for Dynamic ACL”.

You can refer this CR, if you would like to seek any additional information from Extreme Networks.

Ram3
Extreme Employee
Hello Leo,

During my lab test, I have found by using the following policy, instead of the Dynamic ACL the traffic is modified as expected.

Entry test {

If {

Protocol tcp;

Destination-port 3456;

}

Then {

Qosprofile Qp7;

Replace-dscp;

Count counter;

}

- While using Dynamic ACL with replace-DSCP action modification in the code-point does not affect the ACL.

- We need to delete and re-add the access-list to make the Diffserv code-point value changes to take effect.

- I have reported the issue to our engineering team for their analysis.

Ram3
Extreme Employee
Hello Stephane,

Yes, Leo have opened a GTAC case and I am working on it.

Hi Ram,

did you open a case for it?
GTM-P2G8KFN