Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit X460G2-48p PoE & Cisco 1242

Summit X460G2-48p PoE & Cisco 1242

Ruben_Van_de_Pu
New Contributor II
Hi,

I'm completely new to Extreme Networks switches and I'm a bit lost trying to configure PoE on Summit X460G2-48p (2 stacked switches) for my Cisco 1242 APs.

I've ran following commands:
enable inline-power
enable inline-power slot 1
enable inline-power slot 2
enable inline-power port 1:33
configure inline-power usage-threshold 90
configure inline-power operator-limit 15400 ports 1:33
I have following outputs:
# show inline-power Inline Power System Information Configured : Enabled Power Usage Threshold : 90 percent (per slot) Disconnect Precedence : deny-port Budgeted Measured Slot Inline-Power Firmware Status Power (Watts) Power (Watts) Legacy 1 Enabled Operational 20 W 0 W Disabled 2 Enabled Operational 20 W 0 W Disabled# show inline-power info ports 1:33
Port State Class Volts Curr Power Fault
(mA) (Watts)
1:33 discovered ------ 0.0 0 0.000 Overload
I also tried enabling legacy mode, but then the AP isn't even discovered on the port. (stuck on searching)

I find it weird that the power budget is only 20W since we ordered a power supply for full 48 port PoE support and 24 ports PoE+. I've read online about the command 'configure inline-power budget', but this command is not available on my switch.

# show power
PSU-1 or PSU-2 or Internal External External External Power Slots Type PSU PSU PSU PSU Usage ------------------------------------------------------------------- Slot-1 X460G2-48p-10G4 P P - - N/A Slot-2 X460G2-48p-10G4 P P - - N/A Slot-3 Slot-4 Slot-5 Slot-6 Slot-7 Slot-8
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Ruben
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Great to hear! Good luck with everything!

Ruben_Van_de_Pu
New Contributor II
Hi Bill I've just received confirmation PoE is working after the firmware upgrade! Thanks for the fast support! Ruben

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Ruben,

Any updates? Things working?

Bill

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Thank you for sharing the version of code... you need to update the firmware. Out of the box the first wave of G2 switches came with pre-GA code which you can see by the following verions.. 15.6.0.12 (the 0 represents pre-ga) that doesnt actually power things up correctly. The code you need is 15.6.2.12-patch1-1 (latest 15.6) - Have you signed up on the support portal yet? If not go here are register and you will gain access to the code... http://support.extremenetworks.com/

Sorry for the inconvienience and please let me know if you have any issues from there!

GTM-P2G8KFN