Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit X670V-48t - Switchport stuck in ready status

Summit X670V-48t - Switchport stuck in ready status

Claudio
New Contributor
Product Model: Summit X670V-48t-FB-AC
Software Version: 16.1.3.6

Ethernet Switchport 1:7 remain in ready status even if a device is connected on it. I tried many different cables and devices but the Switchport doesn’t come Active but everything works correctly in all other Switchports. I also tried to reboot the switch without any results. I think that Switchport is broken. My question: how can I verify that Switchport is broken? Is there a way to understand with some "show" commands that there is a physical issue on that Switchport?

Thank you in advance to all the Community

Best Regards
Claudio

11 REPLIES 11

EtherMAN
Contributor III
All ten gig links should be set to auto off speed 10 gigs.. There is no auto negotiation for ten gig links. This has been an ongoing confusion when using sfp+ ports that support 1 gig or ten gig. Other thing would be to do a show port transceiver info detail and insure the switch is seeing the optics correctly and there are no problems at the optical level.

Ok I understand better now but there is no half-duplex for 10 gig that is why there really is no auto negotiation . One thing we have found on ten gig TX ports is that the cables should be cat 6a with the high quality connectors... If you use cat 5 or plain cat 6 it will be hit and miss on getting a ggod connection. We had so much trouble connecting our VM's to a 670G2 stack that we ended up paying the extra for sfp+ nic cards and used the Extreme DAC cables in 3 meter or 10 meter lengths... Zero issues ...

In this case SFP+ ports are not involved. The port that I'm speaking about is a 10GBASE-T.

Claudio
New Contributor
I found on port 1:7 configuration ("Show conf detail | include 1:7):
configure ports 1:7 auto on speed 10G duplex full

I have just execute the command:
configure ports 1:7 auto on

And that Switchport starts to work, I don't know if it is a bug or just a configuration matter.

Thank you to everybody for the hints.

Regards
Claudio

GTM-P2G8KFN