Did you mean:Ā 

summit200-48 ports

summit200-48 ports

Eh_Mohsenpouria
New Contributor
hi,
i have a summit200-48,
1- i do factory reset using> unconfigre sw all
2- then i set ip address on Default vlan (172.16.100.1) now each computer that connected to any of 48 switch ports can ping valn ip(172.16.100.1).
3- now i make loop between 2 ports of switch for some seconds.
4- now ping is timed out.
5- now i remove loop then only computers connected to ports 1-24 can ping default vlan and 25-48 have timeout. in another way now i have 24port switch!
6- with reset everything is ok.

what happend?

6 REPLIES 6

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
With Oscar's recommendation to upgrade to the latest ExtremeWare version (v7.8.4b1-patch1-4), I'm going to mark this one as answered. My best guess is some sort of communications issue between packet processors was caused by the loop. Because the switch and software are quite old, it won't be fixed.

I might also recommend that you look into configuring ELRP on your switch if you're worried about loops on edge devices.

If I recall the key to upgrade is the bootrom version... V6.2.2 will have 4.9. The one you want would be the wxtr as this is a special image that checks your bootrom and will update the old bootrom as part of the upgrade process... I looked for an old version of the 7.8 release notes and con't find a copy of that but it would have a hardware compatibility matrix and minimum rev listed to upgrade to 7.8. Main thing is for sure use the wxtr for the s200 so the bootrom will get updated... Also note there will be a bunch of errors on first reboot after upgrade as the new bootrom re-writes memory blocks. Be sure and have a back up configuration to compare just incase... We still have 200 or so 200's in service and all were updated to 7.8 successfully without problems a few years back...

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I'm going to have to dig a little deeper on this one so I can get you the right files. I agree, the documentation is a bit unclear.
From what I can tell, you'll need to update first to v6.2.2b156, then to something like v7.4.4b9, before going to v7.8.4b1-patch1-4 (the last version available).

I provided some information in this thread, but after further review, it may be incorrect. I've removed the file linked there while I check. I'll update this post and that one when I figure out what's going on.

thank u all,
is it possible to upgrade from original extremeware(6..) to "v7.8.4b1-patch1-4" instantly? or need to do step by step with middle versions?
documents are not clear, for upgrade this switch which file extention i should to use (fxtr or wxtr or sxtr?)
GTM-P2G8KFN