Summit x440 stacked switches: change in VLAN tag and port assignment command cannot be excuted.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
I need to change the vlan ID for our management for the stacked switch, but when i enter the command for the change, the "backup" wont accept the change, same with changing the vlan tag for the ports.
Photo of Gene Fontanilla

Gene Fontanilla

• 504 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Sumit Tokle

Sumit Tokle, Alum

• 5,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Try to disable the vlan and then perform the same.

if still it is not working then provide  "show config vlan", "show vlan" command output and session log which indicates the error while executing the command.
Photo of Gene Fontanilla

Gene Fontanilla

Error: Cannot configure VLAN Mgmt                                               
Configuration failed on backup Node, command execution aborted! 

this is the error i always get
Photo of Sumit Tokle

Sumit Tokle, Alum

You can not change the tag value for mgmt vlan. mgmt vlan is for out of band access and present in virtual router vr-mgmt.

Photo of Gene Fontanilla

Gene Fontanilla

i want to create my own management  vlan for my devices,

i created a new vlan for it 172.x.x.x and pinged the gateway 172.x.x.x but it wont ping, btw i already added the trunks and tags

Photo of Sumit Tokle

Sumit Tokle, Alum

execute the command "show iparp <172.x.x.x >" or rtlookup 172.x.x.x and see if there is any output from these commands.

172.x.x.x should be the default gateway in above command.
Photo of Gene Fontanilla

Gene Fontanilla

i think it wont ping because the sharing in the link between dell pc 6248 and summit x440 is not working properly, 

is there a big difference between using dynamic and lacp for this link?