Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SummitStack upgrade fails : "No space left on device"

SummitStack upgrade fails : "No space left on device"

Gabriel3
New Contributor
Hi everybody,

I'm upgrading my production SummitStacks from EXOS version 15.1.4.3 to 16.1.3.6.
The upgrade was successful on every stack except one, which fails and displays this error message :

Failed to download image on Slot-7 - tftp: can't open '/scratch/summitX-16.1.3.6-patch1-11.xos': No space left on device

It's a 8-member stack, i tried to launch the upgrade several times and it always fails on Slot 7.

Here is the complete output displayed in CLI :

Slot-1 # download image X.X.X.X extreme/summitX-16.1.3.6-patch1-11.xos vr vr-Default secondary
Do you want to install image after downloading? (y - yes, n - no, - cancel) Yes
Downloading to Slot-1(Master): ..................................................................................................................................................................................
Downloading to Slot-6(Standby):
Downloading to Slot-5(Standby):
Downloading to Slot-7(Standby):
Downloading to Slot-8(Standby):
Downloading to Slot-2(Backup):
Downloading to Slot-3(Standby):
Downloading to Slot-4(Standby): Failed to download image on Slot-7 - tftp: can't open '/scratch/summitX-16.1.3.6-patch1-11.xos': No space left on device
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*..***Error: Download image failed (see above error message)

I rebooted the slot 7 but it doesn't solve the problem.
I even tried to remove slot 7 from the stack, do "unconfigure switch all" on slot 7 to put it back to factory default, and then put it back in the stack. The issue is still here.

I wonder if any of you ever faced this problem.
Thanks in advance for the help

Gabriel

10 REPLIES 10

Gabriel3
New Contributor
Hello,

I managed to remove the slot from the stack, remove files in internal-memory, and apply the new EXOS image.

Thanks everybody for your help

Gabriel

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Gabriel, were you able to free up some space and get EXOS to install on that slot?

Gabriel3
New Contributor
Hi David,

I'll try this, and tell you the result.

Thanks for the help

Gabriel

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
You could enable master-capability on slot 7 then unplug the stack cables. The switch should reboot as its own master and you could they run the rm commands again.

After the files are wiped disable master-capability on the 7 reboot it and and plug the stack cables back in.

Hope this helps,
GTM-P2G8KFN