cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tftp - what am I doing wrong here?

tftp - what am I doing wrong here?

Tom_Taylor
New Contributor II
(Software Update Required) X450G2-48t-10G4.16 # upload configuration X.X.X.X primary.cfg vr "VR-Default"

Uploading primary.cfg to 10.218.50.20 ... failed!

Error: (1) File not found

(Software Update Required) X450G2-48t-10G4.17 # ls

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 297552 Apr 12 17:03 primary.cfg

7 REPLIES 7

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Traditional UNIX TFTP servers require that the file to upload is already existing and writeable on the TFTP server. The existing file will be overwritten by the upload.Typically, the UNIX utility "touch" is used to create an empty file. The empty file's permissions are then set with "chmod".

This obscure mechanism is still implemented in many TFTP servers on Linux systems, but not widely known any more.

The error message "Error: (1) File not found" is typical for this kind of problem.

André_Herkenrat
Extreme Employee
use tftp put - as it uploads your config as XML File - This is what you need, when you want to restore the config later.

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Tom,

The "upload config" command by default uploads your current running configuration to a .xsf (or text file) on the tftp server that you define. In the command the name you supply should be something like "primary" without an extension, it will copy and save it on the tftp as "primary.xsf" - If you want to copy the raw file you can use "tftp put" command. Let me know if you have any other problems or questions!

Bill

Just tried it... next thing was the tftp server...

BIllHome-X460-G2.1 # upload config 192.168.100.29 primary vr "VR-Default"
Uploading primary to 192.168.100.29 ... done!
BIllHome-X460-G2.2 #

Good luck!

GTM-P2G8KFN