cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The EXOS Stacking Tool

The EXOS Stacking Tool

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The EXOS Stacking Tool Version 2.0 is NOW AVAILABLE!

This tool makes it easier for you to understand EXOS stacking and hardware compatibility. With so many hardware configurations to choose from, we understand it can be challenging to know which ones can work together.

With the EXOS Stacking Tool v2.0, users can:
  • Build a stack by selecting various EXOS models so the tool can verify compatibility
  • See which stacking technologies (VIM and stacking modules) are compatible and recommended
  • See the minimum and maximum EXOS versions supported by the entire stack
  • See the theoretical table size limits for the entire stack based on model selections
  • See the suggested stack master and backup
  • Access product information and knowledge articles linked from within the tool
The stacking tool is available here.

See this article for more information: Where Can I Find the EXOS Stacking Tool?
Ask questions or provide feedback by commenting below. We want this tool to benefit you, so your feedback is welcomed and encouraged!

Thanks,
Extreme Networks Services Team
5 REPLIES 5

Mike_Lane
Extreme Employee
The documentation of where to find this tool is here: Hardware Installation Guide > Building Stacks > Planning to Create Your Stack > Using the Extreme Stacking Tool But it indicates that: "The Stacking Tool is also available in the Support Tools section of the Extreme Portal.", which is not currently true. Can we get that link listed again? A search in the support portal (and PartnerNet) for stackingtool, or "stacking tool" should also show a result, which is does not.

Another question. Is there any plan to add cabling to the configurator? If there was a picklist in the "connection/VIM selection window" for cabling, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance for correcting the links and search index. Really fantastic and useful tool.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hey Mike!
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you're enjoying the tool!
I believe the "portal" mentioned in the doc is referring to the beta portal, which hopefully will launch in a few weeks. I thought it was listed on extranet already, but I didn't see it.

The link to the tool is above in the original post. https://stackingtool.extremenetworks.com/
Unfortunately, the extranet search isn't the best one right now. This is much better: http://www.extremenetworks.com/search/#q=stacking%20tool&t=All&sort=relevancy

Regarding enhancements; adding cabling types is on the list of things to do. Not sure on the timeline, but it's come up several times from a handful of people.

Take care,
-Drew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Alexandr,

This is a feature we're planning to add in the next release, likely within 2 months.

Thanks for the feedback!

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hello, colleagues!

Is it possible to do this tool for show which switch ports have to be choosen for stack with different stack technologies?

Thank you!
GTM-P2G8KFN