cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of Topology Manager

The future of Topology Manager

jeronimo
Contributor III
I see Topology Manager is being phased out. In fact it is already disabled from Netsight 6.3.

However it is a very cool tool and the Map feature in OneView doesn't do it entirely justice.

Now my pros and cons of OneView Maps (OVMs)

* Port numbers are shown directly on the link without having to click --> WIN
* No STP/MSTP overlay in OVM --> FAIL
* VLAN overlay does not color the links or the individual egresses of the VLANs on trunks --> FAIL
* List of links and link details screen in OVM --> WIN

If you now translate the FAILs to Feature Requests, then I guess we have it...

Thanks and keep up the good work 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

jeronimo
Contributor III
Great  Note that the "old" topology manager also showed the actual VLAN egress on the port as a little dot next to the line emanating from the switch. (The link was colored when there was an egress from one of the switches, and the little marker showed where the egress was actually set (or not).) This was very cool and often helped spot misconfigurations on-the-fly.

An old thread but has Extreme caught up with this feature requirement? I see we are 3 years on and limited features of the old Netsight Console and specifically Topology Manager are still available albeit there are some bugs using it with the newest XMC console.

Brian_Townsend
Extreme Employee
Jeronimo,

Good day, we hope you are well.

STP Overlays are planned for 7.1. For VLANs, we color code the devices, not the links. We will consider a feature request for color coding the links.

Brian

GTM-P2G8KFN