tNetTask -Searches bringing up wrong results & GTAC suggestion

tNetTask -Searches bringing up wrong results & GTAC suggestion

Jimmy_Sands
New Contributor
This is just an example. But when I search, The Hub, for

tNetTask

It brings up all these hits, that do not contain the word tNetTask

Why?

This has happened in the past, so its not exclusively locked to that search...

Two other items, when we search GTAC, why cant there be a filed of XXX entries returned.
So I know if I search and it says 678 items returned, I probably need to refine my criteria.
5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Even if I use that search portal the articles don't include the string that I've used in the search...
http://www.extremenetworks.com/search/#q=eos%20mac%20authentication%20configuration&t=Knowledge&...

Most of the KBs don't include my search string "eos" so why are they listed.

-Ron

Very good question - the search uses a feature called partial match, it is set to require 50% of your search terms to be in the results, and the minimum words/phrases in the search to make partial match work is set to 3. Your search has 4 words, so it uses partial match. Anything with at least 2 of your words is a result. If anything has all 4 they should show up as a top result, in theory... There is a software filter for EOS which you can use, then at least you know that the article has been flagged by the author as related to EOS.

updated: Found an odd bug with our search, related to order of search/filtering and the hyperlink isn't working. I will work on getting that fixed... But if you *filter for Knowledge and also for Software = EOS and then enter your search text, you will see about 65 results that are flagged with EOS as the software and match at least half of your search text.

Jimmy_Sands
New Contributor
Ity bity details I left out.....

I am using a search engine developed and designed by a Taiwanese based produce company ; it uses proprietary code based solely on Lotus Notes. The support dept reps also double as fish factory workers during their down time. Maybe. Where am I searching from? Not sure if I understand...

For the tNetTask search I used The Hub search utility, returned hundreds of results with only the first two or three actually containing that phrase, The GTAC return only 2 results.

On a different topic, when I do search GTAC (using the search engine https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/) it never shows how many hits total are being returned. So if I search for a phrase, and if it returns 1,450 hits....I know I need to refine/drill down my search criteria. But it never shows the total hits being returned. I might have 11 hits or 1100....just have to keep clicking Next next next....just my own feelings on the matter

Thank you for that link, the one seems to be the most help.

ty

Hi Jimmy, Like Drew was saying our best search is from the corporate site. http://www.extremenetworks.com/search/#q=tNetTask&t=Knowledge&sort=relevancy you can find this search in the top of most of the pages on the extremenetworks.com site. I think you will really like it. It is way better than the GTAC KB search you mentioned using above. It has much better filtering and it has one of the main things you mentioned - a count of records returned, per each tab/source. The All tab should give you the total. Right now there are 2 KB results that include tNetTask and 6 total, from what we call the public search.

If you happen to be a silver level or above partner, our new portal which is still in beta release has an even better technical focused search. We hope in the near future it will be ready for release to all our users, but it is still in beta release right now.
GTM-P2G8KFN