cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Topology MAP to show AP's

Topology MAP to show AP's

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
How can we display AP's in the netsight topology AP?
When I discover the Topology MAP it only displays the controller and switches, not the AP's and where they are connected in the network.
If we set the AP's to be discovered via LLDP (On the controller) we also do not see them on the Topology MAP.

Regards
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Thomas
Contributor II
Andre, let us know if you have any follow up questions on this topic or if there is anything you want to add.

Frank1
New Contributor
Donā€˜t know if in focus:

I think very helpful is the display format at ā€žOne Viewā€œ / ā€žMapsā€œ. There you could arrange the discovered Access Points in the plots of your buildings. With right klick at the AP you can get more informationā€™s. Also the informationā€™s described by Ronald.

cdb0b0300a3242b5952bf31d94d6c76b_RackMultipart20150428-26293-1yv0k2j-Maps_inline.jpg

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I think that is correct as they don't count as an "device" - in Netsight Console you also have only the switches and the controller listed correct ?

As the AP has no SNMP agent running you can't discover them as a SNMP device.

If you use NAC in your network you'd use OneView to see were everything is connected to.
In the example below I search for the AP name and I'd see the switch port, the home controller, NAC that was used to authenticate the AP.

7efa7d9d57f5421fa894c5cff17a7de7_RackMultipart20150422-11025-1wb626x-oneview_search_device_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN