cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

trying to add access points to Virtual Controller in VLAN 998 fails

trying to add access points to Virtual Controller in VLAN 998 fails

Ronald_Groenewe
New Contributor
I created a config on a AP7552Express via the GUI but now I'm unable to adopt additional access points to the configuration.

I have changed the default VLAN into 998 and added an IP to it.

• -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • INTERFACE IP-ADDRESS/MASK TYPE STATUS PROTOCOL
  • -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • vlan1 unassigned n/a UP up
  • vlan300 unassigned n/a UP up
  • vlan301 unassigned n/a UP up
  • vlan998 10.240.130.130/26 primary UP up
but when I boot the 2nd AP it fails with the following error;

%USER-3-ERR: main.pyo: * * ERROR: add new client config failed
%USER-3-ERR: main.pyo: * * ERROR: 3 - /wing-config/device[mac=74-67-F7-A5-67-A8] Overloaded interface vlan1 in NAT config is not present
How should I configure the VC to start adopting?

Or do they really need to be in VLAN1 for this?

3 REPLIES 3

Ronald_Groenewe
New Contributor
I was able to create a working config, it now adopts the other access points via VLAN 998.

#case closed.

Ronald_Groenewe
New Contributor
Hi Ondrej,

I cannot share the configuration yet. It was lost after I accidently disabled GE1 as stated in the other post I have šŸ˜‰

I'm currently recreating the config so I guess I will leave the default VLAN at 1 instead of changing it into 998.

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Ronald,

could you attach a running configuration from the virtual controller?

By default the VLAN1 is expected to broadcast adoption requests and SwiftUI is designed to be simple system, hence a certain configuration is expected here.

I would recommend first to get that AP adopted by VC and then change the VLAN assignation.

Regards,
Ondrej
GTM-P2G8KFN