Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two APs of 100 don't work - strange LEDs blinking

Two APs of 100 don't work - strange LEDs blinking

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

I have two 3825i APs, which don't work.

There is constant LED blinking on the APs like blinking at the switch (X430-8p) side. There are three more same APs at this switch and they work as expected. I have recorded a video. Please, see the link below. All other ~100 APs at other switches work well.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Gi7w/ZQkBgE5mn

On the controller I have a log message:

05/17/16 16:29:08 Minor Config Manager Config Manager has failed to process a request. Config Manager is still running, and system functionality is not impaired. Error Details: Configuration has been resent the maximum number times, but no acknowledge has been received. Releasing AP[15244979085J0000]

But I am not sure that this message is related to those fault APs.

Please, help me to bring these APs to work.

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya
9 REPLIES 9

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Steve, it's not depleting the power. There are only 5 3825i APs in the switch and three of them work. The minimum power consupmtion of 3825i is about 4.9W accordinly to sh inline-power status. There is no load at the moment because of lack of users. I have conducted an expirement checking how much AP can X430-8p support - so it supports 8 3825i simultaneously (with minimum load certainly).

Today I'll force the adjusters to get both faulty APs from ceiling for checking.

Thanks to all!

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
I'm with Ron that you should pull them down off the ceiling for troubleshooting. PoE can be pretty sensitive sometimes. Try plugging one directly into the switch using a short cable. If it comes up fine, you might have a loose wire or a run of cable that is too long. What else do you have plugged into the switch that is using PoE? If you have security cameras, phones, etc, you might be depleting the power.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
The switch LEDs show only connected devices on 2,5,6 - on which ports are this 2 APs that don't work.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-are-the-LED-statuses-of-the-Summit-x440-...
Scroll down for LED status of PoE switch.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
My advice is to get the AP from the ceiling for troubleshooting.
That would make it a lot easier as it looks like you don't even know the serialnumber of the AP.
Without the SN you can't check the controller logs for errors.

Connect to the console and call the GTAC for a remote session - that will save you some time if you are not familiar with the product.
GTM-P2G8KFN