cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra Short Range (USM) modules in X440-G2

Ultra Short Range (USM) modules in X440-G2

Grzegorz_Niemi1
New Contributor II
Does X440-G2 supports optical modules: Ultra Short Range (USM) SFP+ on 1310 nm?

Those modules are without standard but few company’s make that kind of modules. They appears to be the 100 metre cable length for OM3.
6 REPLIES 6

Grzegorz_Niemi1
New Contributor II
Thanks all,

This is our partner topology (his modules and fibers) and we will do some demonstration with X440G2. I know that Extreme supports third party but those are not regular modules. I asked the question just because I didn’t want to get unpleasant surprise. Anyway soon I will find out.

EtherMAN
Contributor III
I don't see where Extreme has added them to the offering yet. I understand they are about half the cost of a SR sfp+ optic but I guess it depends on how far you need to extend a 10 gig link in your network...if you are 10 meters or less then they do have Twinx passive transceivers that works great.

Part number 10307 10m SFP+ Cable ..... retail $240 US. They come in lengths from 1 m to 10 m.

We use them all the time for switch to switch connections and for Switch to server...

As a rule on the ten gig interfaces if the switch sees it and powers it up you can use it.. You would need to take a pair and see if they fire up..

Good luck

Grzegorz_Niemi1
New Contributor II

7730eedb49634d5e87117f90a0ebce38_RackMultipart20170609-39953-124q4zk-USR_inline.png

OM3 50/125 supports transmissions in I and II transmission window. But in fact medium is not the case. I just want to know what will happen when USR module will be inserted in to X440-G2. Link would go up since Extreme does not block third party optics? Or link won’t go up, because unrecognized modules…

GTM-P2G8KFN