cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to launch the netsight console

unable to launch the netsight console

Degalesan
New Contributor
Whenever i am opening the netsight by clicking on console it is providing a new console.jnlp and i am unable to open the console. Netsight is installed in Win 7 64bit version.i tried by even updating the java.current version of java is Java 8 update 141 (64-bit)
9 REPLIES 9

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello all,

according the KB article 16413, this issue is fixed with the java version 8 update 144.

Regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
Did you install your own SSL certificate? I had this issue and fixed it by removing the SSL cert (going back to the self-signed that ships with the product).

Normally you would reset the certificate using the Legacy console. But it's a catch 22 because you can't get the console to load! This is how we reset the certificate when I called into support. In fact I suggest you call into support.

This is how we resolved it:
1) Using putty.exe or some other terminal emulator, open an ssh connection to your netsight server and log in as root.
2) Enter the following ...
cd /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/configuration service nsserver stop mv nsserver.keystore nsserver.keystore.old service nsserver startThen give it another shot and see if you can get in. You might also want to try going into Java security and adding the URL to your Netsight server as an exception.

1) Open Control Panel
2) Click the Java icon.
3) Click the Security tab.
4) Click the Edit Site List button.
5) Scroll to the bottom and click the Add button.
6) Enter the URL to your server (https://netsight-01:8443).
7) Click OK a couple of times.

What needs to be done exactly here .Please provide some details.

Thanks.

GTM-P2G8KFN