Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating firmware on a X430-8p switch.

Updating firmware on a X430-8p switch.

Brian_Florey
New Contributor
Hello Everyone,

Lets start out by saying "I am new to using Extreme Networks Switches. To tell the truth I am a novice to Networking all together. Never used a managed switch at all. I am an Audio Engineer. We have purchased the X430-8P for a small Biamp Tesira AVB System. This is just a single switch configuration.

Here is how my issue started: I have 6 end points and found out while hooking the system up I run out of Inline-Power (POE). I can only hook up 4 end points. I found that the X430-8P is defaulted to 60W but can be configured for 90W. I found the command "configure inline-power budget" but I get an "Invalid Input detected |^|" at the "b" in budget. Upon more searching I found out that this command is not available on my version of firmware 15.5.3.4. This command is on version 15.7 and above.

Now for my issue: I can find all sorts of Release Note but no firmware. What file extension am I looking for? I believe it is ".xos", I just don't see it.

Sorry for being long winded,

Thank you,

Brian S. Florey, CTS

3 REPLIES 3

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Brian, I'd recommend going to the very latest version of code for your X430. At present, the file you'll want is
code:
summitlite-16.1.3.6-patch1-8.xos
(patch1-9 is due soon).
This article will help you find it: How to obtain a copy of the EXOS software and upgrade EXOS switches

I should also ask if you were sold an AVB license when you purchased the switch? This is required to enable AVB.

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
From the home page click on support > software
Then the first blue link should get you there, but you will have to login.

I am fairly certain that switch runs summit lite not full xos

Hope that helps.

Just confirming the X430 does indeed run the summitlite images.
GTM-P2G8KFN