Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading XOS on 440-24p

Upgrading XOS on 440-24p

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi,

I'm having some trouble connecting from my switch to my Laptop in order to perform a software upgrade.

I can't ping outbound from the switch using PING VR VR-DEFAULT, I receive 100% loss.
If I try to connect to a TFTP server using TFTP VR VR-DEFAULT I receive an error message stating that there is an invalid input under the V of VR-DEFAULT

Can confirm that both devices are on the same subnet as I can ping from laptop and connect using HTTP

I have also tried using Management port but that is showing as 'DOWN'

Any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Its little difficult to mention all the options in here.
15.6 Concepts guide page 136 has details.
Still there are questions or you get stuck please fell free to update.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
I would recommend doing a fresh configuration as you are installing a stack for the first time.
If it was an existing stack and you are adding an unit or replacing an RMA unit ,you can follow the steps mentioned in concepts guide in section replacing a node in stack [very clear].

In current scenario:
Check the exos version is same for both the standalone switches.
They both must be in same partition.
Connect the stacking cables and do easy setup.
Reconfigure the stack for vlans and ip's.
As these are low end models ,there might be many vlans and couple of ip's for managing switch.
This reconfig shouldnt be a tedious task.

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi Paul,

Everything seems good so far.

I do have a question regarding stacking. 1 node in use and the 2nd node is what I have been working on today.
It looks like I can invoke the Easy Setup Procedure to create the stack, if I do this does it wipe the existing configuration of the node that is currently in use or does it append to the existing configuration?

Thanks,

J

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey John sorry I types my last reply from my phone and it didn't come across correctly. Looks like Parthiban got everything set for you. Let us know if there are any other questions. P
GTM-P2G8KFN